Summer 2012

Summer 2012

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Beginning to a New Blog

You might wonder why I would choose to start a blog.  After all they are pretty much a dime a dozen these days.  I have to be honest and say I don't have a clear idea about what I will write about but I know that it's something I'm supposed to do.  I read a book about nine months ago titled, "Three Feet From Gold."  I love to read, both fiction and non-fiction, and I highly, highly recommend this book.  After I read the book and did some exercises that the book encouraged I came to the conclusion that I was supposed to start a blog.  If you're not someone that prays a lot you might not understand or agree with this part, but I felt like the blog was something God was leading me to do to be an encouragement, or at least comic relief, to those around me.  I have written some Facebook "notes" about trips I've taken and found that I really loved writing.

Obviously this is my first post and that was nine months ago, so what happened?  I really made one excuse after another; mainly being busy, distracted with my ear and equilibrium issues, telling myself that I really don't have anything to say that would be interesting...the list goes on.  Then, we were at the end of our Yellowstone vacation a few days ago and I told my husband, Lindy--the pastor, that I was really feeling again that I was supposed to start a blog.  I believe he was the only one I told and last November he started helping me set up a blog but I basically just ditched the idea and avoided it before it went anywhere.  Well, Lindy is pretty black and white when it comes to God and he said, "If God told you to do it, then I would say you have to do it."  Thanks, honey.  Hopefully you and my mother won't be the only ones reading it.

I don't know how often I will post, what I will post about, who will read it, when I will have time to post; but I know that when God speaks, you listen.  That's what I plan to do.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm reading! I am a blogger junkie... I love reading blogs! Not so good at keeping up with mine,but I WILL be checking in on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin, I thoroughly enjoyed all of your writings now and in the past. You definitely have a flair for writing. You may be surprised where it might take you down the road. I love to write also and have actually had an article published in a book called, "Everyday is Father's Day" by Jane Shewmaker Hale. It made me feel great to have something I had written published for others to read. I also enjoy reading and have been listening to an audio book called, "The Hope of Refuge" by Cindy Woodsmall. I had listened to part of it on the way to and from Indiana when we went with Dan & Missy to deliver their belongings to the crate waiting to take their things over to Taipei. Missy and I really enjoyed it. I later rented it from my local library and have almost finished the book. (10 CDs in all). Also I just recently finished a book called, "Lessons I Learned in the Dark" by Jennifer Rothschild and also am almost finished with another book she wrote called, "Lessons I Learned in the Light". She is an amazing person, author and she is also blind. I met her in person when she was in Springfield holding a women's conference last year and I plan to go again this year in November. Please also check out my 2 blogs and Dan's blog. He has written some amazing things about their call to go to Taipei and photos and videos are just tremendous. I will add them here if it will let me. THANK YOU FOR STARTING A BLOG. I will enjoy it and know that others will as well. It is great to be able to give our testimony online like this. What a great way to tell about Jesus. Hugs and Love to you, Janet

    Here is my very first blog started a few years ago.
    http://www.jb-jbsblog.blogspot.com

    Here is my latest blog.
    http://updatesfromjanet.blogspot.com

    Here is Dan’s blog
    http://basnett4missions.blogspot.com

    Be sure and go back to June on his blog to read their testimony. It is awesome.

    Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jumping on the bandwagon!! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it and am watching for the next installment. lov ya aunt connee

    ReplyDelete