Summer 2012

Summer 2012

Thursday, September 2, 2010

This Deserves Repeating

In the fall of 2009, the year my husband turned 40, I spent countless hours creating a book for his parents to give to them for Christmas.  The title was, "40 Years with Lindy" and chronicled his life--beginning with their wedding pictures and ending with current photos.  I was able to add a lot of text to the book and iPhoto made the whole thing a breeze.

I wrote a long piece in the beginning of the book as an Introduction and I've decided that in celebration of his birthday yesterday I would post it here.  If you're my IRL (apparently that's blog speak for in-real-life) friend you've probably already seen the book.  If you haven't and you're curious I'm sure my mother-in-law would be happy to show it off.  So, here's just a small window into who my true love is in real life.  Happy Birthday, Honey.


It has been my joy to create this book chronicling the first 40 years of Lindy’s life.  I present it to his parents, Ron and Deborah Carnett, in appreciation of a job well done.  You have raised a son who honors God above all, is wise and compassionate, a mentor to many, steadfast, talented, a jack-of-all-trades (and master of none, as his Dad would say), but--most of all--the love of my life (it really was love at first sight) and wonderful father to our three boys.  Is life always easy with Lindy Carnett?  You know as well as I do that it isn’t.  Just like the life lived with Robin Carnett can be exasperating, (I can be a little high maintenance).  But, life with Lindy is full of excitement, quite a bit of the unknown, and plenty of fun.  I mentioned that he was talented and that aspect of him really couldn’t be captured in this book.  He plays the trumpet, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, drums, and “Almost Paradise” on the piano.  He can fix almost anything, even a tooth that needs to go back in the socket while Mom-the-nurse, lies on the couch hyperventilating.  He builds stuff, he knows computers (but will only help you out if you own a Mac--it’s the principle of it), he skis, golfs really well even if it’s only once a year, and is a really outstanding budding photographer.  He’s a loving brother who couldn’t be more proud of his two beautiful sisters.  He’s also a pastor who has gifts of teaching and mentoring.  Lindy’s 40th year is also significant because it’s the year we lost Nana (she’ll always be Nana to me).  She would love this book.  She adored Lindy and will be greatly missed. 

1 comment:

  1. I know this is an old post, but my first time to read. What a tribute you did to your husband. And he deserves it. He is a good man. After all the boys you went through in your youth, I was definitely glad you made the right choice. And, of course, your dad praised God for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete